Pioneers in DevOps
Adjunct Faculty at CMU
- An Emeritus Professor, Software Engineer, and DevOps Researcher.
- Recognized for his contributions to software architecture.
- Led the User-Interface Software Group at Software Engineering Institute (SEI).
- Worked as a Senior Principal Researcher with NICTA (National ICT Australia).
- Author of best-selling DevOps and Software Architecture books.
- Member of advisory boards of top organizations like Microsoft and NASA.
Technical Director of Continuous Deployment of Capability at Software Engineering Institute (SEI), CMU
- At SEI, Hasan leads a team that uses new-age technologies to build a Smart Software Platform.
- 25+ years of experience with expertise in software development and cyber security.
- Initially joined SEI and built solutions for government cyber security frameworks.
- Created a research agenda for the Cyber Security Solutions Directorate, directly supporting the US Dept. of Defense.
- Adjunct Faculty at CMU’s Heinz College & Institute of Software Research.
- A noted speaker at global DevOps community summits.
DevSecOps Innovations Leader at CMU - SEI
- Joined CMU as Senior Developer Team Lead for SEI’s CERT Division.
- At CERT, he worked on DevSecOps, building, and testing distributed systems.
- Currently, leads the DevSecOps Initiative team at the SEI.
- Worked with many leading US companies like GE, Trustwave, and Smartronix.
- Helped the US Govt. to help mitigate vulnerabilities in the network architecture.
- Sergeant in the US Marine Corps between 1993 and 1997.
2High Impact Format
Faculty Led Live Experiential Learning
3#1 CS School1 Certificate
Carnegie Mellon University
#1 World's CS School1
20 Nobel Laureates
13 Turing Awards
CMMI, developed at SEI, CMU.
CMMI: Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) is a process level improvement training and appraisal program.
SEI: Software Engineering Institute
Carnegie Mellon University
A private, global research university, Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) is one of the world's most renowned educational institutions. With its cutting-edge education, a stellar alumni network of Nobel, Emmy, Tony, and Turing prize winners, innovative startups, and home to groundbreaking innovations, CMU has mastered creating a future as imagined.
School of Computer Science at CMU The School of Computer Science (SCS) at CMU is widely recognized as one of the first and best computer science programs in the world. SCS is a home to researchers who have made developments in the fields of algorithms, computer networks, distributed systems, computational biology, robotics, language technologies, human–computer interaction and software engineering. To learn more, visit SCS website
The state-of-the-art curriculum is delivered through LIVE interactive sessions with the world-renowned faculty.
Introduction to Devops
- Learn principles of Devops
- Discover SW delivery environment
- Practice to eliminate deployment errors
Networking and Cloud Fundamentals
- Practice networking fundamentals
- Learn cloud structure
- Able to setup virtual networking
Virtual Machines, Containers and Container Management
- Practice to setup Virtualized platforms
- Ability to distinguish VM and Containers
- Use container management to deploy various container-based services
- Use shell/bash scripting to develop automation scripts
- Implement provisioning of virtualized platforms
- Develop build and deployment scripts
- Learn Key Management
- Discover Credential management
- Discover Encryption techniques
- Discover PKI/Certificates
Infrastructure as Code, Tools and Configuration Management
- Learn IaC principles and apply to main environment parity
- Understand and practice CM
- Maintain configuration parameters and apply to environment lifecycle practices
- Development, integration, staging, and production environments
- Learn Continuous Integration (CI) practices
- Learn Continuous Deployment (CD) strategies
- Understand Testing for each environment
Microservices Architecture & Service mesh
- Explore Modular architecture approach
- Adapt microservice architecture to support DevOps practices
- Discover Messaging concept between microservices
- Learn to configure and deploy Service Mesh
- Develop common DevOps metrics
- Practice incident response for fielded systems
- Adopt continuous feedback practices across DevOps pipeline
- Apply fundamental security principles to DevOps environment and applications to be developed and deployed
- Adapt DevOps practices into various domains like highly regulated environments
- Implement continuous deployment for AI systems
Domain Specific DevOps
- Explore MLOps (Machine learning and operations) practices
- Discover Cyber Physical systems
- Discover Highly Regulated environments
Hands-on Practices & Tools
Secure Build Practices
Become a DevOps leader in your organization
Accelerate your career as a DevOps specialist
Globally recognized certification
TalentSprint Career Accelerator Program
Supports certified learners looking for a new career
- Resume Building and LinkedIn
- Interview Practice Sessions
- Dedicated Portfolio Page to
showcase project and program accomplishments
Network with Peers
- Knowledge exchange sessions with business/tech leaders
- Lifetime membership to
TalentSprint Alumni Network
- Access to incubators for
promising startup ideas
Access to Career
- 6 months membership of
- Annual Career Fair and career opportunities from 500+ hiring partners
- Exclusive Job Alerts through TalentSprint Alumni Network
*Terms & Conditions apply
From Diverse Job Roles
- Graduate Trainee
- System engineer
- Solution Architect
- Senior Team Lead
- Senior Software Engineer
- Principle Architect
- Principal Software Engineer
- Principal Oracle Agile Engineer
- Lead DevOps Engineer
- Group Manager
- Engineering Lead
- Director Software Development
- DevOps & Backend Lead
- Dev Lead
- Delivery Manager
- Agile Engineer
From Top Organizations
- DLL Group
- Tata consultancy services
- KIND LLC
- HCL Technologies
- Diebold Nixdors
- Microchip Technologies
Across India and Global Locations
- New Delhi
- Chester Springs
- New York
Participants must have some exposure to, or experience in the software development planning, delivery and deployment process.
Take the Next Step
If you are confident that the program is the right fit for you, apply now.
*Fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferable.
*Fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Apply for the Program
Round 1 Application closing on Jan 26
Years of Excellence
Net Promoter Score
Established in 2010, TalentSprint is a part of NSE group and a global edtech company that brings transformational high-end and deep-tech learning programs to young and experienced professionals. The company’s digital learning platform ipearl.ai offers a hybrid onsite/online experience to seekers of deep technology expertise. TalentSprint partners with top academic institutions and global corporations to create and deliver world class programs, certifications, and outcomes.Its programs have consistently seen a high engagement rate and customer delight. It is a leading Innovation Partner for the National Skill Development Corporation, an arm of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Government of India. A recipient of various prestigious accolades, TalentSprint was recently honored with the Indian Achievers Award 2022, for its excellence in building deeptech talent in India. For more information about TalentSprint, visit www.talentsprint.com
Frequently Asked Questions
The future of DevOps is exceptionally promising, as an increasing number of companies are adopting this methodology. DevOps methodologies are themselves changing with new tools and technologies coming in, thus steering the future of modern business and tech enterprises. Companies embracing the DevOps philosophy have experienced enhanced speed at which both applications and support services are delivered. For instance, global tech organizations, such as Google, Salesforce, Facebook, and Netflix, are one of the early adopters of DevOps – although their own versions have upped their operations and simultaneously continue to extend excellent customer service.
While we witness a steadfast growth in DevOps adoption, the trend also increases the demand for qualified professionals with DevOps expertise. Leading job listing portals like Indeed.com witnessed a 75% rise in listings of DevOps jobs, while LinkedIn reports a 50% increase in mention of DevOps as a skill. It is also observed that a DevOps Engineer earns about 25-35% more than a Software Engineer with similar experience, making DevOps one of the highest-paid groups in the IT sector.
The Advanced Certificate Program in DevOps aims to prepare aspirants for this DevOps future. Designed and developed by the School of Computer Science at Carnegie Mellon University (CMU), this 6-month program is delivered by Len Bass, Hasan Yasar, and Joseph Yankel, the distinguished and globally recognized CMU faculty. The program is delivered in association with TalentSprint for DevOps aspirants in the APAC region.
The Advanced Certificate Program designed by the School of Computer Science at CMU enables professionals with
- Learning from DevOps Legends: Benefit from mentorship by pioneers in DevOps - Len Bass, Hasan Yasar and Joseph Yankel, the distinguished faculty of CMU.
- High Impact Format: Leverage the pedagogy of faculty-led experiential learning supported by self-learning content, and hackathons.
- Certificate from #1 CS School: Get certified by the world leader in computing research and education, School of Computer Science, CMU.
- You can become a DevOps leader in your organization
- You can accelerate your career as a DevOps specialist
- You will be an elite Executive Alumnus of CMU and network with a global peer group of DevOps professionals
- You will earn a globally recognized certification from CMU
- You will have access to TalentSprint Career Accelerator to boost your career acceleration efforts.
The program welcomes all tech professionals interested in exploring a career in DevOps, but it is ideal for the following profiles:
- DevOps Engineers
- Cloud Computing professionals practicing AWS, Azure, etc
- Software Developers
- Operation Managers / Project Managers / Product Managers
- Automation Engineers / QA / Testers
Fresh Graduates passionate about building a career in DevOps may be selected based on the decision of the selection panel.
The program will be taught by the esteemed CMU Faculty, globally recognized for advancing the research and practice of DevOps. To meet your future mentors, visit here.