Frequently Asked Questions
Software architects have remained among the most sought-after in the tech industry (TeamLease Digital Oct 2022). Moreover, they have overpowered roles like cloud architects and product managers and remain among the industry's most lucratively paid job roles.
Software architects are responsible for creating a solid foundation for the software project, making the platform scalable, and boosting its performance. Software developers or software engineers who prefer to scale their careers with a technical focus instead of management can explore software architecture.
As the discipline of software architecture is expanding, so is the demand for the role. In India, software architects can easily command upto ₹47 lakh, based on the experience and organizations they are working for and a 30% jump over the previous year.
The Advanced Certificate Program in Software Architecture by Carnegie Mellon’s School of Computer Science aims to prepare aspirants for this role. The program is exclusively for tech professionals looking forward to accelerating their careers beyond development and programming.
- Learn from Experts : Benefit from mentorship by the frontrunners of software architecture evolution- David Garlan and Bradley Schmerl, the distinguished faculty of CMU.
- High Impact Format: Leverage a transformative pedagogy supported by live interactive classes + hands-on application
- Certificate from CMU: Get certified by the world leader in computing research and education, School of Computer Science, CMU.
- Build expertise in global software architecture practices
- Understand the technical, organizational, and business role of a software architect
- Leverage better growth opportunities as a software architect
- Access career opportunities with TalentSprint
- You will earn a globally recognized certification from CMU
- You can access TalentSprint Career Accelerator to boost your career acceleration efforts.
- Network with distinguished faculty and global peers.
The program welcomes all tech professionals, but it is ideal for
- Professionals aspiring to transition into Software Architect as a career
- Software Developers looking forward to career acceleration
- Product Managers with a software engineering background
- Professionals who have worked on System Design, Development Operations, or DevOps
The program will be taught by the esteemed CMU Faculty, counted among the founders of the field of software architecture, and recognized for developing it as a discipline in software engineering. To meet your future mentors, visit here.
The program will be delivered in an interactive online format, retaining effectiveness while maintaining safety. The format uniquely combines the benefits of an in-class program with the flexibility and safety of online learning.
- Synchronous program delivery by expert faculty
- Interact and get doubts answered by faculty
- Peer learning through working in groups with other participants
- Support from mentors for projects
- Re-attend classes through recorded archives
- Access videos easily with searchable and indexed video archives
- Learn from the comfort and safety of your home
- Office hours with one-on-one mentor support
Your peer group will be Software Developers, Product Managers, DevOps Specialists, and Software Engineers working in leading organizations.
You will have access to TalentSprint Career Accelerator Program to boost your career advancement efforts. For more information, get in touch with your program RM Nikhil or write to us at email@example.com.
A certificate of successful completion is provided upon completion of all program requirements. All examinations and evaluations related to the certification are carried out by SCS-CMU, USA.
The program format with LIVE Interactive Sessions, Assessments, Hackathons, and Capstone Projects enables a conducive environment to network with your peers in the cohort.
Before the program starts, all participants must execute an agreement that consists of the standard program Terms and Conditions. It has the following components:
Part A: Etiquette and Platform Rights
Classroom Etiquette & General Policy Guidelines
Tools and Platforms in Use
Part B: Honor Code
Part C: Certification
Part D: Program Fee, Refund, and Termination Policy
Eligibility and Selection Process
Candidates will be selected based on their education, work experience, and a statement of purpose submitted along with the application.
A Relationship Manager will be assigned to the applicant, who will gather all the necessary information and represent their candidature to the selection committee for review. Finally, the profiles will be sent to CMU for selection.
- Hold a B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M.Tech or equivalent master's degree, preferably in Computer Science/Information Technology or other related domain.
- Have a minimum of 3 years of software development experience and have familiarity with object-oriented programming languages
If the applicant is a fresh graduate and passionate about a career in Software Architecture, their selection will be based on the selection panel's decision.
Join in these easy steps:
- Share your details and apply for the program
- Submit all the necessary documents
- The program selection committee will evaluate your candidature
- Upon selection, complete your enrollment and join the program
The state-of-the-art curriculum, designed by world-renowned experts includes the following.
- Object Oriented Programming in Java: Object, Class, Message, Inheritance, Abstraction, Encapsulation, and Polymorphism; Syntax and Semantics, Variables and Datatypes, Loops and Conditional Statements, Arrays and Strings
- Virtualization Hypervisor concept, Virtual machines, Containers, Container fundamentals, Container orchestration
- Software Requirements Engineering: Introduction, Requirements process, Elicitation, and Analysis
- Software Engineering Process: Software Engineering process, Lifecycles, Introduction to Software Process Assessment and Improvement Models
- Overview & Requirements: What is Software Architecture? Basic Architecture Concepts, Practice: Thinking like an Architect, Architecture Drivers and Quality Attributes Practice: Drivers and QA Exercise
Assignment: Identifying Quality Requirements
- Architecture Design: Dataflow & Events, Call/Return, Repository, Practice: Architecture Styles, Platforms, Frameworks, Product Lines and Ecosystems, Tactics 1, Tactics 2, Practice: Tactics,
Case Study: Service-based systems
Assignment: Specifying Quality Requirements
- Techniques and Practices: Principles of Architecture Documentation, Modeling, and Analysis, Practice: Architecture Documentation, Architecture Evaluation
Assignment: Architecture Design
- Architecture in Practice and Future Directions: Architecture Agile Processes & ADRs, Architecture and Emerging Domains, Trends and Research/Wrap-up
Assignment: Architecture Realization
Schedule and Details
The program starts in September 2023
It's a six months program comprised of
- Cutting-edge applied learning format
- LIVE interactive sessions by CMU Faculty
- Best-in-class self-learning content, assessments, and hackathons
- Demonstrating expertise through capstone projects
The program will be delivered through faculty-led interactive live sessions on TalentSprint’s ipearl.ai. These online sessions will be held at a schedule convenient for working professionals. Participants will be able to interact with the faculty through video, audio, and chat. They will also be able to chat with fellow program participants.
As per the program norms, participants have to maintain at least 75% of attendance during the program. Going by the curriculum, it is recommended that participants maintain attendance for enriched learning. In unavoidable circumstances, if any, one can access the recorded lectures on our platform to cover up for the missed sessions.
The program includes continuous formative and summative assessments. The final scores will be determined based on the sum of the scores of various assessments.
Yes, participants are required to have their laptops.
Reading material (pre/post session) will be shared regularly through the Online Learning Management System. The access will be available for one year from the date of the commencement of the program.
A certificate of successful completion is provided upon completion of all requirements of the program. All examinations and evaluations related to the certification are carried out by the CMU.
Yes, flexible EMI options are available to enable you to pay the program fee in installments. Please reach out to your RM to know about the details of the schemes available.
For scholarship-related details, please visit fee page. You can also reach out to your RM for more details.
No, the application fee is non-refundable.
No. The program fee is non-refundable and non-transferable under any circumstances.
Professionals have multiple options for funding.
- Sponsored by employer
- Self-funded:Based on our experience of enabling 3000+ professionals who have participated in our executive programs, self-funding is the most preferred option, with over 80% choosing this.
Three key reasons why professionals opt for it:
- Freedom: To opt for a program of their choice, at a time of their choice, with an institution of their choice and not be restrained by the organization’s policy.
- Flexibility: To pursue greater career opportunities well even beyond their current employer or to nurture their entrepreneurial ambitions.
- Funding: Access to flexible EMI schemes (paying as low as Rs. 5,550 per lac per month).
We have also observed that the commitment levels were higher among self-funding participants.
TalentSprint Career Accelerator (TCA) Program
Participants attending TalentSprint’s deeptech programs are eligible to leverage the benefits of the TalentSprint Career Accelerator Program.
TCA will help you in the following ways to support your career development.
- Professional Development
- Resume building and LinkedIn profile makeover
- Interview practice sessions
- Dedicated portfolio page to showcase project and program accomplishments
- Knowledge exchange sessions with business/tech leaders
- Lifetime membership to TalentSprint Alumni Network
- Access to incubators for promising startup ideas
- Six months membership of IIMJobs Hirist
- Annual Career Fair and career opportunities from 500+ hiring partners
- Exclusive Job Alerts through TalentSprint Alumni Network
TCA will provide you with the resources to help you showcase your professional profile with certification and capstone project experience on TalentSprint Alumni Network, LinkedIn, GitHub, and Kaggle, among other platforms.
Upon completing your cohort of the program successfully, you will gain priority access to career opportunities in the industry through an exclusive Alumni portal. This will include internal job postings, job opportunity notifications shared by your peers, and personalized mentorship based on industry and experience.
Program participants can share the information through job posts and announcements on the Alumni portal. You can also write to [program sales email] for more details on such opportunities.
Program participants can apply for startup mentorship. If selected, they get mentorship from industry experts and like-minded professionals.
Through TCA, you will get access to the Annual Career Fairs and career opportunities from 500+ hiring partners.
Career opportunities are updated as and when a program alumni posts it or when there is a suitable opportunity through our wide industry, alumni, and peer network.
Yes, they can always update their profile on TalentSprint’s alumni page. In case they come across any issues doing that, then our Career Accelerator Executive will be happy to help.
With TalentSprint’s exclusive DeepTech community, you can network with industry peers and peers from different programs of TalentSprint. You can find complementing synergies of common interests and learn about market developments and opportunities. Plus, you can get exclusive invitations for the DeepTalk Interactive Series, where leaders discuss all things DeepTech.
No, this is an exclusive initiative fromTalentSprint
About the Platform
iPearl.ai (Interactive Platform for Experiential and Remote Learning) is created by TalentSprint’s engineering team led by our Chief Technology Officer, an IIT Kanpur alumni. The platform integrates best-in-class open-source technologies and SaaS services and perfected them over the last seven years.
When this platform was built, we intended to offer it to our partners and customers for digital learning and delivery. Since 2013, the platform has been extensively used by IIM Calcutta, IIT Kanpur, IIIT Hyderabad, IIT Hyderabad, and many more of our customers and partners. To date, more than 300,000 students have used this platform, which is reputed for user experience, quality, and scale.
This feature-rich platform has become so popular that some of our partners are now using it for their academic needs.
The tried and tested direct-to-device platform enables 24 x 7 learning for its users. Some key benefits of the platform are:
- Intuitive student experience through a user-friendly LMS
- Seamless faculty experience through state-of-the-art Studios
- Highly Interactive Online Classes
- Effective group/peer learning/projects through Breakout Rooms
- Proctored Online Assessments with detailed analysis
- Insightful Reports on student engagement and performance
- Flexible integration with other components, as needed
A comparative study of iPearl.ai against Canvas, Impartus, Moodle, Google Classroom, Microsoft Teams, and Zoom was conducted. Features in the following categories were compared:
- Instructor-led Learning
- Self-paced Learning
- User Experience
- Customer Support
- Scalability and Performance
- Integration and Customization
Do not worry. In case you miss a session, you will be given access to view the recorded version of the session soon.
- An internet-connected device, Computer/Laptop/Tablet/Smartphone, is enough to access the platform.
- A web camera and Mic with necessary power backup will be needed for proctored online assessments.
- #1 SCHOOL OF COMPUTER SCIENCE
U.S. News & World Report, 2021
- #1 ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
U.S. News & World Report, 2021
#3 COMPUTER SCIENCE
QS World University Rankings 2021
A private, global research university, Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) is one of the world's most renowned educational institutions. With its cutting-edge education, a stellar alumni network of Nobel, Emmy, Tony, and Turing prize winners, innovative startups, and home to groundbreaking innovations, CMU has mastered creating a future as imagined. For more information about CMU, visit https://www.cmu.edu/
The Advanced Certificate Program in Software Architecture is designed and delivered by the world's #1 Computer Science School at CMU. The School of Computer Science is widely recognized as one of the first and best computer science programs in the world. The institute has produced many innovators who have been credited with improving how people live and work through their inventions. For more information, visit https://www.cs.cmu.edu/
TalentSprint is a global ed-tech company with a presence in the US and India. A National Stock Exchange (NSE) Group Company, it brings transformational high-end and deep-tech learning programs to emerging and experienced professionals in partnership with top academic institutions and global corporations. TalentSprint’spatent-pending, AI-powered, digital learning platform enables a perfect blend of high-end academics and industry-leading practitioner experience. For more information about high-impact programs, visit www.talentsprint.com