Frequently Asked Questions
The future of DevOps is exceptionally promising, as an increasing number of companies are adopting this methodology. DevOps methodologies are themselves changing with new tools and technologies coming in, thus steering the future of modern business and tech enterprises. Companies embracing the DevOps philosophy have experienced enhanced speed at which both applications and support services are delivered. For instance, global tech organizations, such as Google, Salesforce, Facebook, and Netflix, are one of the early adopters of DevOps – although their own versions have upped their operations and simultaneously continue to extend excellent customer service.
While we witness a steadfast growth in DevOps adoption, the trend also increases the demand for qualified professionals with DevOps expertise. Leading job listing portals like Indeed.com witnessed a 75% rise in listings of DevOps jobs, while LinkedIn reports a 50% increase in mention of DevOps as a skill. It is also observed that a DevOps Engineer earns about 25-35% more than a Software Engineer with similar experience, making DevOps one of the highest-paid groups in the IT sector.
The Advanced Certificate Program in DevOps aims to prepare aspirants for this DevOps future. Designed and developed by the School of Computer Science at Carnegie Mellon University (CMU), this 6-month program is delivered by Len Bass, Hasan Yasar, and Joseph Yankel, the distinguished and globally recognized CMU faculty. The program is delivered in association with TalentSprint for DevOps aspirants in the APAC region.
The Advanced Certificate Program designed by the School of Computer Science at CMU enables professionals with
- CMU Advantage: Get certified by the world leader in computing research and education, School of Computer Science, CMU.
- High Impact Format: Leverage distinctive pedagogy of LIVE interactive sessions by CMU Faculty, 1:1 interactive sessions, best-in-class self-learning content, assessments, and hackathons.
- Experiential Learning: Hands-on practice, modules, and tools to enhance applied learning.
- Distinguished Faculty: Learn from CMU Faculty, globally recognized for their research in DevOps.
- Most-preferred Learning Platform: Learn on TalentSprint's award-winning Pracademic Platform, iPearl.ai - the best-in-class interactive AI-powered digital delivery platform.
- You can become a DevOps leader in your organization
- You can accelerate your career as a DevOps specialist
- You will be an elite Executive Alumnus of CMU and network with a global peer group of DevOps professionals
- You will earn a globally recognized certification from CMU
- You will have access to TalentSprint Career Accelerator to boost your career acceleration efforts.
The program welcomes all tech professionals interested in exploring a career in DevOps, but it is ideal for the following profiles:
- Automation Engineers / QA/ Testers
- Project Managers / Operation Managers
- Software Developers
- Cloud computing professionals practicing AWS, Azure, etc
- Network and security professionals
Fresh Graduates passionate about building a career in DevOps may be selected based on the decision of the selection panel.
The program will be taught by the esteemed CMU Faculty, globally recognized for advancing the research and practice of DevOps. To meet your future mentors, visit here.
The program will be delivered in an interactive online format, retaining effectiveness while maintaining safety. The format uniquely combines the benefits of an in-class program with the flexibility and safety of online learning.
- Synchronous program delivery by expert faculty
- Interact and get doubts answered by faculty
- Peer learning through working in groups with other participants
- Support from mentors for projects
- Re-attend classes through recorded archives
- Access videos easily with searchable and indexed video archives
- Learn from the comfort and safety of your home
- Office hours with one-on-one mentor support
Your peer group will be Project Managers, Operation Managers, Cloud computing professionals practicing AWS, Azure, etc, Network and Security professionals, Software Developers, and Automation Engineers/QA/ Testers.
You will have access to TalentSprint Career Accelerator Program to boost your career advancement efforts. For more information, get in touch with your program RM Minin or write to us at email@example.com
A certificate of successful completion is provided upon completion of all program requirements. All examinations and evaluations related to the certification are carried out by CMU, USA.
All participants are required to execute, before the start of the program, an agreement that consists of the standard program Terms and Conditions. It has the following components:
Classroom Etiquette & General Policy Guidelines
Tools and Platforms in Use
Part B: Honor Code
Part C: Certification
Part D: program Fee, Refund, and Termination Policy
Eligibility and Selection Process
Candidates will be selected based on the details of education, work experience, and a statement of purpose submitted along with the application.
A Relationship Manager will be assigned to the applicant, who will gather all the necessary information and represent his/her candidature to the selection committee for review. The profiles will be sent to CMU for selection.
- Hold a Bachelor/Master’s degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Have some exposure to or experience in the software development planning, delivery, and deployment process.
If the applicant is a fresh graduate and passionate about a career in DevOps, his/her selection will be based on the decision of the selection panel.
Join in these easy steps:
- Share your details and apply for the program
- Submit all the necessary documents
- The program selection committee will evaluate your candidature
- Upon selection, complete your enrollment and join the program
- F1 : Introduction to DevOps
- F2 : Networking and Cloud Fundamentals
- F3 : Virtual Machines, Containers and Container Management
- F4 : Scripting Languages
- F5 : Information Security
- M1 : Infrastructure as Code, Tools and Configuration Management
- M2 : Deployment Pipeline
- M3 : Micro services Architecture, Service Mesh
- M4 : Postproduction, Monitoring and Measurement
- M5 : Secure Development
- M6 : Domain Specific DevOps
Hands-on Practice, Modules and Tools
- Provisioning: Vagrant, Terraform, VMs
- Containerization: Docker
- SSH/Network Traffic: Wireshark
- Secure Build Practices: Jenkins, SonarQube
- Container Management: Kubernetes
- Secure Deployment: Jenkins, Ansible Vault
- Service Mesh: Istio, ArgoCD/Rollouts
- Monitoring: Nagios
Schedule and Details
The program starts in September 2023
It's a 6-month program comprising of
- 6 months of cutting-edge applied learning
- LIVE interactive sessions by CMU Faculty
- Best-in-class self-learning content, assessments, and hackathons
The program will be delivered through faculty-led interactive live sessions on TalentSprint’s iPearl.ai. These online sessions will be held at a schedule convenient for working professionals. Participants will be able to interact with the faculty through video, audio, and chat. They will also be able to chat with fellow program participants during online sessions.
As per the program norms, participants have to maintain at least 75% of attendance during the program. Going by the curriculum, it is recommended that participants maintain attendance for enriched learning. In the event of unavoidable circumstances, if any, one can access the recorded lectures on our platform to cover up for the missed sessions.
The program includes continuous formative and summative assessments. The final scores will be determined based on the sum of scores of various assessments.
Yes, participants are required to have their laptops.
Reading material (pre/post session) will be shared regularly through the Online Learning Management System. The access will be available for 1 year from the date of the commencement of the program.
A certificate of successful completion is provided upon completion of all requirements of the program. All examinations and evaluations related to the certification are carried out by the CMU.
The fee needs to be paid as per the details on the Fee section. Please reach out to your RM to know more details about the fee.
For scholarship-related details please visit Fee page. You can also reach out to your RM for more details.
No, the application fee is non-refundable.
No. The program fee is non-refundable and non-transferable under any circumstances.
Professionals have multiple options for funding.
- Sponsored by employer
- Self-funded: Based on our experience of enabling 3000+ professionals who have participated in our executive programs, self-funding is the most preferred option with over 80% choosing this.
Three key reasons why professionals opt for it:
- Freedom: To opt for a program of their choice, at a time of their choice, with an institution of their choice and not be restrained by the organization’s policy.
- Flexibility: To pursue greater career opportunities well even beyond their current employer or to nurture their entrepreneurial ambitions.
- Funding: Access to flexible EMI schemes (paying as low as Rs. 5,550 per lac per month).
We have also observed that the commitment levels were higher among self-funding participants.
TalentSprint Career Accelerator (TCA) Program
Participants attending TalentSprint’s deeptech programs are eligible to leverage the benefits of the TalentSprint Career Accelerator Program.
In support of your career development, TCA will help you in the following ways.
- Professional Development
- Resume building and LinkedIn profile makeover
- Interview practice sessions
- Dedicated portfolio page to showcase project and program accomplishments
- Knowledge exchange sessions with business/tech leaders
- Lifetime membership to TalentSprint Alumni Network
- Access to incubators for promising startup ideas
- 6 months membership of IIMJobs Hirist
- Annual Career Fair and career opportunities from 500+ hiring partners
- Exclusive Job Alerts through TalentSprint Alumni Network
TCA will provide you with the resources to help you showcase your professional profile with certification and capstone project experience on TalentSprint Alumni Network, LinkedIn, GitHub, Kaggle, among other platforms.
Upon completing your cohort of the program successfully, you will gain priority access to career opportunities in the industry through an exclusive Alumni portal. This will include internal job postings, job opportunity notifications shared by your peers, and personalized mentorship based on industry and experience.
Program participants can share the information through job posts and announcements on the Alumni portal. You can also write to firstname.lastname@example.org for more details on such opportunities.
Program participants can apply for startup mentorship. If selected, they get mentorship from industry experts and like-minded professionals.
Through TCA, you will get access to the Annual Career Fairs and career opportunities from 500+ hiring partners.
Career opportunities are updated as and when a program alumni posts it or when there is a suitable opportunity through our wide industry, alumni and peer network.
Yes, they can always update their profile at TalentSprint’s alumni page. In case they come across any issues doing that, then our Career Accelerator Executive will be happy to help.
With TalentSprint’s exclusive DeepTech community, you can network with industry peers and peers from different programs of TalentSprint. You can find complementing synergies of common interests and learn about market developments and opportunities. Plus, you can get exclusive invitations for the DeepTalk Interactive Series, where leaders discuss all things DeepTech.
No, this is an exclusive initiative fromTalentSprint
About the Platform
iPearl.ai (Interactive Platform for Experiential and Remote Learning) is created by TalentSprint’s engineering team led by our Chief Technology Officer, an IIT Kanpur alumni. The platform integrates best-in-class open source technologies and SaaS services and perfected them over the last seven years.
When this platform was built, we intended to offer it to our partners and customers for digital learning and delivery. Since 2013, the platform has been extensively used by IIM Calcutta, IIT Kanpur, IIIT Hyderabad and IIT Hyderabad, and many more of our customers and partners. To date, more than 300,000 students have used this platform, which is reputed for user experience, quality, and scale.
This feature-rich platform has become so popular that some of our partners are now using it for their academic needs.
The tried and tested direct-to-device platform enables 24 x 7 learning for its users. Some key benefits of the platform are:
- Intuitive student experience through a user-friendly LMS
- Seamless faculty experience through state-of-the-art Studios
- Highly Interactive Online Classes
- Effective group/peer learning/projects through Breakout Rooms
- Proctored Online Assessments with detailed analysis
- Insightful Reports on student engagement and performance
- Flexible integration with other components, as needed
A comparative study of iPearl.ai against Canvas, Impartus, Moodle, Google Classroom, Microsoft Teams, and Zoom was conducted. Features in the following categories were compared:
- Instructor-led Learning
- Self-paced Learning
- User Experience
- Customer Support
- Scalability and Performance
- Integration and Customization
Do not worry. In case you miss a session, you will be given access to view the recorded version of the session soon.
- An internet-connected device, Computer/Laptop/Tablet/Smartphone, is enough to access the platform.
- Web camera and Mic with necessary power backup will be needed for proctored online assessments.
- #1 SCHOOL OF COMPUTER SCIENCE
U.S. News & World Report, 2021
- #1 ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
U.S. News & World Report, 2021
#3 COMPUTER SCIENCE
QS World University Rankings 2021
A private, global research university, Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) is one of the world's most renowned educational institutions. With its cutting-edge education, a stellar alumni network of Nobel, Emmy, Tony, and Turing prize winners, innovative startups, and home to groundbreaking innovations, CMU has mastered creating a future as imagined. For more information about CMU, visit https://www.cmu.edu/
The Advanced Certificate Program in DevOps is designed and delivered by the world's #1 Computer Science School at CMU. The School of Computer Science is widely recognized as one of the first and best computer science programs in the world. The institute has produced many innovators who have been credited with improving the way people live and work through their inventions. For more information, visit https://www.cs.cmu.edu/
TalentSprint is a global ed-tech company with a presence in the US and India. A National Stock Exchange (NSE) Group Company, it brings transformational high-end and deep-tech learning programs to emerging and experienced professionals in partnership with top academic institutions and global corporations. TalentSprint’spatent-pending, AI-powered, digital learning platform enables a perfect blend of high-end academics and industry-leading practitioner experience. For more information about high-impact programs, visit www.talentsprint.com